Moving on from January, I’m excited for a new month to be upon us. I feel like January was a great jumping off point to continue on with the resolutions and goals that I’ve set for myself this year. I don’t know how I feel about the month of February in general though. I mean, I suppose I have nothing really negative to say about the month except for the fact that it contains that one particular day, Valentines. Now I’m trying super hard to be much more open and optimistic this year so I’ll try my best to make what I’m about to say not sound quite so negative. I’m not a fan of Valentines day. Gasp! Back in the second grade when all you had to do was make some arts and crafts cards and stick a brown paper bag to your desk, it was all flowers and sunshine. Not that I’ve gotten older, I just don’t really see a need for it, if you know what I mean. And it isn’t because I’m single, I’ve spent Valentine’s day with significant others, girlfriends, and family. It’s all the same. It’s just unnecessary to me. I mean of course it’s fun, especially with girlfriends. I would argue Valentine’s day is more exciting hang out with your girls than with a boyfriend any day, but I can hang with the girls any time, I don’t need a “holiday” for that, you know? But I get it and I understand the appeal. And the decorations are always really cute, so there’s that too. The decorations make me more excited than the actual day, haha.
Well, that was a fail, I sound super pessimistic, haha! Anyway, there’s a few goals that I’ll be keeping in mind as I go through this month. Here they are:
- Leaving meaningful comments on blogs and social media - I’ve been blessed to have been able to meet and connect with some really amazing people and fellow bloggers this past month, and I would just really like to maintain that and grow more relationships for both myself and my blog.
- Start juicing - I would like to find the “old” juicer that my dad once had and begin juicing at least once a week (baby steps). There are so many reports of the wonderful benefits of juicing and I’ve always kind of stuck my nose up at it whenever my dad would juice things (he’s a health nut), but I guess it just took me kind of figuring it out for myself for me to take notice.
- More smoothies - I’ve been inspired by Miss Indie and the girls over at A Beautiful Mess to start experimenting with different ingredients in my smoothies like adding oats and greens
- Continue to MOVE MORE - 30 minutes of random crazy dancing plus some scheduled workout routines weekly (at least twice a week) is what I’m aiming for
- Drink more water - I have been so bad at this. I don’t know how I go so long without drinking water. I’m going to buy a one litre bottle and commit to drinking at least one of them a day. I’m quite the visual person so if I see it on my desk getting low, I’m thinking that I’ll have enough sense to just continue topping it out. Tricking myself essentially, haha!
- Connect - I had so much fun this pass month connecting and talking with bloggers on Twitter, so I would like to continue nourishing and making new connections and friendships.
- Stay organized – I need to get back into the habit of organizing my posts for better quality and content. I got super lazy this past month and it shows. Not good.
This isn’t the end of my list, but this is where it ends for this post, haha! I appreciate you guys so much, here’s wishing you a wonderful happiness filled February!