Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rock It Challenge: Black Lace Dress

Black lace wedding dress


Rare London sweet heart dress, 16 CAD / H&M , 47 CAD / VILA glitter blazer, 27 CAD / H&M , 23 CAD / Flat shoes, 34 CAD / Madden Girl wedge, 51 CAD / Havaianas flip flop sandals, 33 CAD / Vintage handbag, 31 CAD / Dorothy Perkins , 22 CAD / Rare London fringe handbag, 22 CAD / Stretchy belt, 7.78 CAD / Therapy waist belt, 9.36 CAD / ASOS , 26 CAD

So I mentioned in my last post that I am challenging you guys to challenge me a little by either making a request for the Rock It series, provide me with a link to an item that you want styled, or mentioning an item you already own, but would like some suggestions on how you can style it. Today’s post is for the lovely Chelsea of Life Unpublished that wanted some ideas on how to style a black lace dress for a wedding! So, that’s exactly what I did. I style a black lace dress (that’s actually a little cheaper than the one she linked me to) three similar, but different ways. I know she wanted flat shoes, but I thought wedges were a good comfortable alternative to high heels for her if she wanted to bump up her look. I love all three looks for different reasons. I love the black and gold chain belt, very classy, but my favourite has to be the turquoise wedges. That pop of colour is just fun and great for summer. I wasn’t able to get her dress of choice up on polyvore, so if anyone knows how to do that please let me know.

As always, I hope you all are having a stellar weekend. Let me know in the comments below which look is your favourite  and if you guys have a piece that you have no idea how to style or even a trend that you want to try, but are not sure how, and I’ll do my best to show you how I would style it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh those are some FANTASTIC ideas, thank you! I absolutely LOVE the wedge shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle,

    I've nominated you for a blogging award - check out my post for info :)
    xoxo
    DaisyBisley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I love the middle one. I think it might be a little too informal, depending on the wedding. The sandals are great; I'm trying to find non-rubber flip flops based on my summer job.

    How would you style for a summer internship?

    http://ichoosetorefuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clothes Elle. I am now following your blog, and sending a friend request on Better Blogger Network. Please stop by my blogs when you can :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!

Pin It button on image hover