Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Think About It: The Blogging Effect

thinkaboutit blogeffect
Have you ever thought about the effect that blogging has and is having on our lives and the course of… like everything? It’s a thought that kind of randomly came to me one day (while watching YouTube nonetheless). I love YouTube, blogging, and social media. It has literally changed the way I live my life. So dramatic, haha, but if you think about it, it really has. I watch the YouTube videos of my favourite bloggers and vloggers literally everyday. It’s a part of my daily routine. I wake up, check my emails, then check YouTube. All before I’ve even gotten out of bed in most cases! I just find it amazing how much these things influence my life. If I’m looking to by something new, I search YouTube a good week straight looking for reviews on the product before I even officially decide to get it. Now, this may be just me, but I think a lot of people can relate to this.

Have you stopped to consider how YOU play a role in this too? That’s what really blew me away. When I consider that I, as a blogger, also have a role in the way people lead their lives it was like… a huge ‘Aha’ moment. How do I want to affect people? What effect do I want my blog to have on people? On the future of blogging? What do I want people to ultimately walk away it?

We all know social media is like the huge indestructible giant. Look at the Arab Springs crisis for crying out loud. That in and of itself is proof enough of the effect and affect of blogging on the world stage. Revolutions are now fought and won on the internet. Is that not insane to think about? Damn. The 80’s and 90’s kids are running things on social media, haha. Who would have thought? Big companies and governments (Exhibit A: China) are all using social media to try and influence this media generation (I have no idea what our generation is called, Generation Y? No idea) really has on the world and… it’s amazing.

I don’t know I thought I would share my thoughts on this with you guys and get a discussion going about it. That’s what this series is all about. Thinking about things and hashing out all of our opinions, arguing, making up, and going for a virtual ice cream afterwards. I know the majority of readers on this site are bloggers, so: As a blogger what effect do you want your blog to have on the way people lead their lives? At what point do you walk away from it? Is it something you’re conscious about?

Photo source: 01//

5 comments:

  1. I've beem bogging on and off since 2009 and it's only now that I'm really taking it seriously. I got a really exciting job in social media in 2011 and it completely opened my eyes to the importance of it all, which is why I'm now taking my blog more seriously.
    Thanks for this post! It's given me even more to go away and think about with regards to making my blog a success.

    Claire
    xoxo

    www.daisybisley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's honestly the greatest compliment anyone could have ever given me, so thank you Daisy I'm so glad you liked it. I can't wait to follow your blogging journey :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! I work in digital media and have just recently started my own blog, and I'm really enjoying so far.

    I love your blog though -really glad I came across it :)

    http://lifeoflucyjoy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great topic to discuss, although, I think so many people are afraid to truly express their opinions in the blogging world because they don't want to hurt peoples' feelings or it is considered uncouth to say certain things. I think that good blogging should not only inspire, but produce thought-provoking, insightful discussions or viewpoints. For me, not only do I want a written record of my life, but I also want to ensure that I am presenting my side of a story, of history that others don't get to see. Love these types of discussions. -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!

Pin It button on image hover